With our breakthrough 24x Rapid Learning SystemTM of smart teaching and rich media, you can now finally gain a powerful learning edge over others who are still struggling with static textbooks and online freebies. Catch up and excel in class with the host of tightly integrated learning modules, designed specifically for today's web and video savvy students and supported by a team of teaching experts. Speed up your learning one chapter one hour at a time. The entire 24-chapter rapid learning package includes:
- 24x Core Tutorials (Rich-Media Movies)
Powered by our signature smart teaching and rich-media, the expert-narrated tutorials provide an easier and faster mastery of 24 chapters with concept maps, visual introduction, graphic illustration, annotations & animations, and step-by-step problem solving examples, guided by real teachers.
- 24x Problem Drills (Interactive Games)
Practice what you learn. These drills offer feedback-based quizzes, concept and word problems, summary reviews on all problems and scoring system to track your performance, with a complete solution guide at the end.
- 24x Review Sheets (PDF Printables)
Condense what you learn. Each chapter has one-pager cheat sheet for key concepts with at-a-glance review of each chapter, printable and laminatible. It is ideal for exam prep or quick review.
- 24x Chapter eBooks (PDF Printables)
Need something for easy skimming? The well-formatted eBooks are printable for easy quick reading and last-minute review. This optional module is available only on Certified, Platinum and Premium Editions.
- 24x Lecture Audiobooks (Audio MP3)
Want to learn on-the-go? These mp3 audiobooks are for learning anywhere anytime and a great companion to the visual tutorials. Listen to the same content you have just learned visually and enhance your learning with your smartphone or mp3 player. This auditory module is available only on Certified and Platinum Editions.
RL216: Comprehensive Anatomy and Physiology Series (Two-Semester)
Course Desciption: This comprehensive series is designed for anyone requiring in-depth coverage on a two-semester anatomy and physiology. This rich-media series covers the human structures and functions at molecular, cellular, tissue and organ levels. It is highly organized to mirror the system-based mainstream curricula with a complete coverage of all human systems. Each chapter also includes the development, aging and clinical terms. Normal and abnormal processes are described with clinical anatomy in each chapter. The expert-guided visual approach with rich medical images will power you through this course at the rapid pace with deep understanding and long-term retention. For chapter-by-chapter contents of this course, see the Comprehensive Anatomy and Physiology Course Guidebook (an 48-page eBook in downloadable PDF).
For Whom: This rapid learning course is for those who are currently taking two-semester integrated A&P, such as allied health, medical and nursing students.
Pre-requisite: Although it is optional, students should have taken one or two semesters of introductory or general biology at the college level to build the foundation of biological science to maximize the learning.
Which to Take: Rapid Learning offers one of the most comprehensive selections of Anatomy and Physiology e-learning courses on the web, with four rich-media courses catering for various A&P learners.
(1) RL209 Human Physiology Comprehensive Series - This in-depth visual course is designed for human physiology students, health professionals or borad review.
(2) RL214 Human Anatomy Comprehensive Series - This in-depth visual course is designed for students taking human anatomy class, anatomical professionals or board review.
(3) RL215 Essential Anatomy and Physiology - This introdoctory course is designed for anyone taking one-semester basic A&P or professionals requiring only the essential knowledge of anatomy and physiology.
(4) RL216 Comprehensive Anatomy and Physiology - This in-depth course is designed for students taking the two-semester A&P (I & II), or anyone needing an in-depth coverage via the integrated approach.
Note: If you are required to take two semesters with the first semester on human anatomy and second semester on human physiology, then select the RL214 and RL209.
Core Unit 1 – Levels of Organization
- Tutorial 01: Introduction to Human Anatomy and Physiology
- Tutorial 02: Chemical Level of Organization
- Tutorial 03: Cellular Level of Organization
- Tutorial 04: Tissues of the Body
Core Unit 2 – Support Systems
- Tutorial 05: The Integumentary System
- Tutorial 06: The Osseous Tissue and the Structure of Bones
- Tutorial 07: The Skeletal System: Axial Skeleton
- Tutorial 08: The Appendicular Skeleton and Articulations of the Body
- Tutorial 09: The Muscular System
- Tutorial 10: Axial and Appendicular Musculature
Core Unit 3 – Coordination Systems
- Tutorial 11: Neural Tissue and the Nervous System
- Tutorial 12: The Spinal Cord and Spinal Nerves
- Tutorial 13: The Brain and Cranial Nerves
- Tutorial 14: The Somatic Nervous System and Special Senses
- Tutorial 15: The Autonomic Nervous System
- Tutorial 16: The Endocrine System
Core Unit 4 – Homeostatic Systems
- Tutorial 17: The Cardiovascular System - Blood
- Tutorial 18: The Cardiovascular System - Heart
- Tutorial 19: The Cardiovascular System - Vessels and Circulation
- Tutorial 20: Immunity and the Lymphatic System
- Tutorial 21: The Respiratory System
- Tutorial 22: The Digestive System, Metabolism and Nutrition
- Tutorial 23: The Urinary System, Fluid, Electrolyte and Acid-Base Balance
- Tutorial 24: The Reproductive System and Development