With our breakthrough 24x Rapid Learning SystemTM of smart teaching and rich media, you can now finally gain a powerful learning edge over others who are still struggling with static textbooks and online freebies. Catch up and excel in class with the host of tightly integrated learning modules, designed specifically for today's web and video savvy students and supported by a team of teaching experts. Speed up your learning one chapter one hour at a time. The entire 24-chapter rapid learning package includes:
- 24x Core Tutorials (Rich-Media Movies)
Powered by our signature smart teaching and rich-media, the expert-narrated tutorials provide an easier and faster mastery of 24 chapters with concept maps, visual introduction, graphic illustration, annotations & animations, and step-by-step problem solving examples, guided by real teachers.
- 24x Problem Drills (Interactive Games)
Practice what you learn. These drills offer feedback-based quizzes, concept and word problems, summary reviews on all problems and scoring system to track your performance, with a complete solution guide at the end.
- 24x Review Sheets (PDF Printables)
Condense what you learn. Each chapter has one-pager cheat sheet for key concepts with at-a-glance review of each chapter, printable and laminatible. It is ideal for exam prep or quick review.
- 24x Chapter eBooks (PDF Printables)
Need something for easy skimming? The well-formatted eBooks are printable for easy quick reading and last-minute review. This optional module is available only on Certified, Platinum and Premium Editions.
- 24x Lecture Audiobooks (Audio MP3)
Want to learn on-the-go? These mp3 audiobooks are for learning anywhere anytime and a great companion to the visual tutorials. Listen to the same content you have just learned visually and enhance your learning with your smartphone or mp3 player. This auditory module is available only on Certified and Platinum Editions.
RL212: Pharmacology Visually in 24 Hours
This visual course explores the basic principles and applications of pharmacology, along the physiology at the molecular, cellular and human organ levels. Although this is a college level course, anyone who wants to learn about drugs and the human body will find this rich-media series easy to learn and practical to use. Each tutorial will introduce a human organ system, and describe the diseases and drugs associated with the system. This course was developed by a team of medical educators and narrated by our pharmacology professor.
Core Unit #1 – The Foundation of Pharmacology
- Tutorial 01: Introduction to Pharmacology
- Tutorial 02: Pharmacokinetics
- Tutorial 03: Pharmacodynamics
- Tutorial 04: Biotransformation
Core Unit #2 – Autonamic Pharmacology
- Tutorial 05: Autonomic Pharmacology - Cholinergic System
- Tutorial 06: Autonomic Pharmacology - Adrenergic System
Core Unit #3 – Cardiovascular and Renal Pharmacology
- Tutorial 07: Anti-hypertensive and Cholesterol Lowering Drugs
- Tutorial 08: Vasodilators and Drugs to Treat Angina
- Tutorial 09: Treatment of Arrhythmias and Heart Failure
- Tutorial 10: Diuretics
Core Unit #4 – Smooth Muscle Pharmacology
- Tutorial 11: Vasoactive Agents
- Tutorial 12: Drugs to Treat Asthma
Core Unit #5 – Endocrine Pharmacology
- Tutorial 13: Pharmacological Treatment of Diabetes
- Tutorial 14: Thyroid Hormone, Growth Hormone and Drugs to Treat Osteoporosis
- Tutorial 15: Drugs Affecting Fertility and Reproduction
Core Unit #6 – Central Nervous System Pharmacology
- Tutorial 16: Local and General Anesthetics
- Tutorial 17: Central Nervous System Depressants
- Tutorial 18: Drugs to Treat Depression, Psychoses and Other Dopamine Dependent Diseases
Core Unit #7 – Pharmacology of Pain, Inflammation, GI Tract and Blood
- Tutorial 19: Anti-Inflammatory and Analgesic Drugs
- Tutorial 20: Drugs that Treat Glaucoma
- Tutorial 21: Drugs that Treat GI Disorders
- Tutorial 22: Drugs that Trat Blood Disorders
Core Unit #8 – Agents with Selective Toxicity
- Tutorial 23: Chemotherapeutic Drugs
- Tutorial 24: Antibiotics, Antifungals and Antivirals