With our breakthrough 24x Rapid Learning SystemTM of smart teaching and rich media, you can now finally gain a powerful learning edge over others who are still struggling with static textbooks and online freebies. Catch up and excel in class with the host of tightly integrated learning modules, designed specifically for today's web and video savvy students and supported by a team of teaching experts. Speed up your learning one chapter one hour at a time. The entire 24-chapter rapid learning package includes:
- 24x Core Tutorials (Rich-Media Movies)
Powered by our signature smart teaching and rich-media, the expert-narrated tutorials provide an easier and faster mastery of 24 chapters with concept maps, visual introduction, graphic illustration, annotations & animations, and step-by-step problem solving examples, guided by real teachers.
- 24x Problem Drills (Interactive Games)
Practice what you learn. These drills offer feedback-based quizzes, concept and word problems, summary reviews on all problems and scoring system to track your performance, with a complete solution guide at the end.
- 24x Review Sheets (PDF Printables)
Condense what you learn. Each chapter has one-pager cheat sheet for key concepts with at-a-glance review of each chapter, printable and laminatible. It is ideal for exam prep or quick review.
- 24x Chapter eBooks (PDF Printables)
Need something for easy skimming? The well-formatted eBooks are printable for easy quick reading and last-minute review. This optional module is available only on Certified, Platinum and Premium Editions.
- 24x Lecture Audiobooks (Audio MP3)
Want to learn on-the-go? These mp3 audiobooks are for learning anywhere anytime and a great companion to the visual tutorials. Listen to the same content you have just learned visually and enhance your learning with your smartphone or mp3 player. This auditory module is available only on Certified and Platinum Editions.
RL209: Human Physiology Comprehensive Series
Course Desciption: This human physiology course offers in-depth coverage on human physiology at both the cellular level and human organ level. Special emphasis is placed upon the study of homeostasis, integration and control of the human body, with inclusion of exercise physiology and medical physiology. For chapter-by-chapter contents of this course, see the Human Physiology Course Guidebook (56-page eBook).
For Whom: This rapid learning course is for those who are currently taking the human physiology class or in need of visual in-depth review of such a subject via rich-media learning. It is designed for students entering or currently enrolled in the nursing, biology, pre-med, allied health professions, and board review.
Pre-requisite: Students should have a good knowledge of the anatomical aspect of the human body by completing either the "Human Anatomy" or "Anatomy and Physiology" course, prior to taking the "Human Physiology" course as such.
Which to Take: Rapid Learning offers one of the most comprehensive selections of Anatomy and Physiology e-learning courses on the web, with four rich-media courses catering for various A&P learners.
(1) RL209 Human Physiology Comprehensive Series - This in-depth visual course is designed for human physiology students, health professionals or borad review.
(2) RL214 Human Anatomy Comprehensive Series - This in-depth visual course is designed for students taking human anatomy class, anatomical professionals or board review.
(3) RL215 Essential Anatomy and Physiology - This introdoctory course is designed for anyone taking one-semester basic A&P or professionals requiring only the essential knowledge of anatomy and physiology.
(4) RL216 Comprehensive Anatomy and Physiology - This in-depth course is designed for students taking the two-semester A&P (I & II), or anyone needing an in-depth coverage via the integrated approach.
Note: If you are required to take two semesters with the first semester on human anatomy and second semester on human physiology, then select the RL214 and RL209.
Core Unit #1 – Molecular and Cellular Physiology
- Tutorial 01: Introduction to Physiology
- Tutorial 02: Chemical Composition of the Body
- Tutorial 03: Cell Structure and Function
- Tutorial 04: Enzymes and Energy
- Tutorial 05: Cellular Respiration and Metabolism
- Tutorial 06: Tissues and Organ Systems
Core Unit #2 – Body Control Mechanisms
- Tutorial 07: Endocrine System Physiology
- Tutorial 08: Neuronal Structure and Signaling
- Tutorial 09: The Central Nervous System
- Tutorial 10: Autonomic Nervous System
- Tutorial 11: Sensory Physiology
Core Unit #3 – Integration of Body Systems: Movement and Maintenance
- Tutorial 12: Skeletal Muscles - Muscle Physiology
- Tutorial 13: Muscles -Mechanisms of Contraction and Neural Movement
- Tutorial 14: Cardiovascular Physiology
- Tutorial 15: Control of Blood Pressure and Blood Flow
- Tutorial 16: Respiratory Physiology
Core Unit #4 – Integration of Body Systems: Metabolism
- Tutorial 17: The Kidneys and Nephronal Physiology
- Tutorial 18: Fluid, Electrolytes and Acid-Base Balance
- Tutorial 19: The Digestive System and Nutrition
- Tutorial 20: Energy Balance and Regulation of Metabolism
Core Unit #5 – Integration of Body Systems: Protection and Perpetuation
- Tutorial 21: Body's Defenses: The Immune System
- Tutorial 22: Reproduction and Development
Core Unit #6 – Applications
- Tutorial 23: Exercise Physiology
- Tutorial 24: Medical Physiology