Using and Verifying Identities
|Topic Review on "Title":
Reciprocal identities and quotient identities
, , , and .
, , and .
, and .
Sum and difference identities
and ; , and
Double angle identities:
, and .
Power reducing and half angle formulas:
Product-to sum formulas:
|Rapid Study Kit for "Title":
|Core Concept Tutorial
||Problem Solving Drill
||Review Cheat Sheet
|"Title" Tutorial Summary :
This tutorial introduces the known trigonometric identities and their use in the simplification process of trigonometric expressions. Known trigonometric identities helped reduce the time it takes to simplify trigonometric expressions.
The fundamental trigonometric functions are shown in the examples provided with relation to specific scenarios. The Pythagorean identities are derived with the knowledge of one of them. Difference and sum identities of the sine, cosine and tangent functions are shown in this tutorial. They come handy when simplification of trig expressions is needed.
Specific Tutorial Features:
• The various trigonometric formulas are shown in the examples.
• Step by step examples are shown to verify trigonometric identities.
• Concept map showing inter-connections of new concepts in this tutorial and those previously introduced.
• Definition slides introduce terms as they are needed.
• Visual representation of concepts
• Animated examples—worked out step by step
• A concise summary is given at the conclusion of the tutorial.
|"Title" Topic List:
Using and verifying identities
Fundamental trigonometric functions
Periodicity of trigonometric identities
Double angle identities
Proof of double angle sine identities
Proof of double angle cosine identities
Negative angle formulas
Proof of sine negative angle formulas
Proof of cosine negative angle formulas
Power reducing formulas
Half angle identities
See all 24 lessons in High School Algebra 2, including concept tutorials, problem drills and cheat sheets:
Teach Yourself High School Algebra 2 Visually in 24 Hours