Vector and Complex Numbers
|Rapid Study Kit for "Title":
|Core Concept Tutorial
||Problem Solving Drill
||Review Cheat Sheet
|"Title" Tutorial Summary :
Vectors are common quantities that are used in mathematics and in other field of studies. The properties of vectors are discussed in the examples and their use in application problems. The graphical representation of vectors allows for the introduction of the magnitude of a vector.
Complex numbers are introduced in this part of tutorial along with their properties such as the addition, subtraction, multiplication and division of complex numbers. Other representations of complex numbers are presented such as the trigonometric and the exponential ones. Famous formulas such as De Moivre’s Formulas are used in examples to calculate complex numbers.
Specific Tutorial Features:
• Graphical illustration of the operations of vectors and the formulation of complex numbers.
• Diagrams showing the features of vectors.
• Graphical representation of complex numbers.
• The use of true or false questions to verify understanding of the complex number properties.
• Concept map showing inter-connections of new concepts in this tutorial and those previously introduced.
• Definition slides introduce terms as they are needed.
• Visual representation of concepts
• Animated examples—worked out step by step
• A concise summary is given at the conclusion of the tutorial.
|"Title" Topic List:
Definition of a vector
Magnitude of a vector
Addition of vectors
Vector dot product
Definition of complex numbers
The imaginary unit
The complex conjugate
Addition of complex numbers
Subtraction of complex numbers
Multiplying complex numbers
Multiplying a complex number and its conjugate
Dividing complex numbers
Trigonometric formulation of complex numbers
Exponential form of a complex number
See all 24 lessons in Pre-Calculus, including concept tutorials, problem drills and cheat sheets:
Teach Yourself Pre-Calculus Visually in 24 Hours