Using Fundamental Identities
|Topic Review on "Title":
Reciprocal identities and quotient identities
, , , and .
, , and .
, and .
Sum and difference identities
and ; , and
Double angle identities:
, and .
Power reducing and half angle formulas:
Product-to sum formulas:
|Rapid Study Kit for "Title":
|Core Concept Tutorial
||Problem Solving Drill
||Review Cheat Sheet
|"Title" Tutorial Summary :
This tutorial introduces the known trigonometric identities and how they are used to reduce trigonometric expressions. Known trigonometric identities are mentioned in this tutorial with the use of examples.
The fundamental trigonometric functions are shown in the examples provided with the use of relations and proportional identities. Two of the Pythagorean identities are derived with the knowledge of one of them.
Specific Tutorial Features:
• Examples using the fundamental identities and their application in the simplification trigonometric expression are discussed.
• Step by step examples are shown to present various trigonometric expressions and identities.
• Concept map showing inter-connections of new concepts in this tutorial and those previously introduced.
• Definition slides introduce terms as they are needed.
• Visual representation of concepts
• Animated examples—worked out step by step
• A concise summary is given at the conclusion of the tutorial.
|"Title" Topic List:
Using and verifying identities
Fundamental trigonometric functions
Periodicity of trigonometric identities
Double angle identities
Proof of double angle sine identities
Proof of double angle cosine identities
Negative angle formulas
Proof of sine negative angle formulas
Proof of cosine negative angle formulas
Power reducing formulas
Half angle identities
See all 24 lessons in Trigonometry, including concept tutorials, problem drills and cheat sheets:
Teach Yourself Trigonometry Visually in 24 Hours