The process whereby one item splits to become two.
Rapid Study Kit for "Title":
Core Concept Tutorial
Problem Solving Drill
Review Cheat Sheet
"Title" Tutorial Summary :
This tutorial specifically describe the structure and behavior of the atomic nucleus. The nucleus is composed of neutrons and protons. Obviously the similarly charged protons repel each other, but nuclear forces usually overcome that tendency and the nucleus is kept intact. However, sometimes that repulsion is too great and the nucleus crumbles apart. This is the process of radioactivity. Alpha, beta, and gamma are the three types of nuclear radioactivity. Each has different properties. A nucleus may also break apart into roughly two equal pieces, this is the process of nuclear fission.
Specific Tutorial Features:
• Animations depicting nuclear processes like fission and radioactivity.
• Step by step analysis of an example of the concepts of binding energy and mass defect.
• Concept map showing inter-connections of new concepts in this tutorial and those previously introduced.
• Definition slides introduce terms as they are needed.
• Visual representation of concepts
• Animated examples—worked out step by step
• A concise summary is given at the conclusion of the tutorial.
"Title" Topic List: